A.M.A. CHARTER # 870
CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS R/C MODELERS, INC.
[ARTICLE I - NAME] -
[ARTICLE II - ADDRESS] -
[ARTICLE III - PURPOSE] -
[ARTICLE IV - MEMBERSHIP] -
[ARTICLE V - DUES & FEES] -
[ARTICLE VI - OFFICERS] -
[ARTICLE VII - MEETINGS] -
[ARTICLE VIII - BOARD OF DIRECTORS] -
[ARTICLE IX - MISC] -
[ARTICLE X - QUORUM] -
[ARTICLE XI - GENERAL PROCEDURES]
ARTICLE I - NAME
- The name of the organization shall be the CENTRAL MASSACHUSETTS R/C MODELERS, INC.
- The official abbreviation of the name shall be CMRCM.
ARTICLE II - ADDRESS
- The address shall be that of the clerk.
- The Clerk may designate a temporary address for his term of office.
ARTICLE III - PURPOSE
- The purpose of the corporation shall be to maintain an AMA-chartered
organization for the promotion of Radio-Control modeling, in all its
- The secondary purpose of the corporation shall be to obtain, maintain,
and operate a suitable flying site within reasonable distance of its
membership, in accordance with AMA rules and recommendations.
ARTICLE IV - MEMBERSHIP
- Membership shall be open to any person who is a member of the AMA or who
submits a paid application for membership in the AMA at the time of
application to the CMRCM. All members must comply with all applicable
FCC, AMA, and club rules and regulations pertaining to the operation of
model radio equipment. Any applicable FCC regulations will be binding
on club members.
- 1A. A non-flying or associate membership will be
open to any person who submits a membership application with the
appropriate CMRCM fees. Associate members are not required to be
AMA members and will not be allowed to fly. With the exception
of flying privileges, associate members will enjoy the same
privileges as any other member.
- An applicant shall become a voting member when all dues and fees have
been paid in full for the calendar year, or in part as per Section 3, Article IV.
- Membership dues will be paid in full by individuals joining the club
from January 1, to August 31. Those joining from September 1, to
December 31, will pay full dues, half of which would be applied to the
current year, and half of which would be used for the next year’s
- Prospective members must sign a statement agreeing to abide by the
by-laws of the organization before membership is granted.
- There will be no restriction of membership other than contained herein
specifically with respect to race, creed, nationality, or sex.
- The attending club quorum shall annually set the membership total during
the February meeting. If the board of directors deems it necessary to
make a temporary change, it may do so at any time, subject to approval
at the next general meeting. Associate members do not affect this total.
ARTICLE V - DUES & FEES
- Dues will be set annually, and will be approved by a majority vote of
the members present at the annual meeting.
- Such fees as may from time to time become necessary may be levied on
each member only upon the approval of the majority of the total current
membership as determined by the membership rolls.
ARTICLE VI - OFFICERS
- The officers of the CMRCM shall be the President, Field Director, Clerk,
and Treasurer. The offices of Clerk and Treasurer may be held by one person.
- The President is the official representative of the Corporation, and the
Chief Executive Officer. He is responsible for the smooth operation of
any and all corporation functions, activities, and efforts. He may
appoint Committees, Special Committees, and the Chairman and members
thereof. He will preside over all open corporation meetings.
- The Field Director is responsible for acquisition, management, and
maintenance of the corporation’s field. He may appoint such aides and
committees as may become necessary to operate the field. He will
function as a Vice President in the absence of the President, at any meeting.
- The Clerk is responsible for meeting minutes, and any and all written
communication on behalf of the Corporation. He will be responsible for
maintaining both club and AMA member rosters and for such annual
communications with the AMA as required.
- The Treasurer is responsible for all monies paid in and out of the
Corporation treasury. He will maintain either checking and/or savings
accounts. Checks will require the signature of the Treasurer, and
either the President or the Field Director. The Treasurer will have
the authority to issue checks for all normal operating expense of a
monthly or yearly nature. All extraordinary expenses will require a
2/3 vote by the membership present at a meeting.
- Term of office: One year for each officer.
- Removal from office: Any officer may be removed from office by a
majority vote of the current membership, at any meeting or special meeting.
ARTICLE VII - MEETINGS
- Open meetings shall be held monthly, at a place and time agreed upon by
a majority vote of the members present at the annual meeting. The place
may be changed as necessary throughout the year, on two weeks notification
to the membership at large.
ARTICLE VIII - BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- The Board of Directors shall consist of seven members elected at the
- The Board of Directors shall meet at least monthly, to conduct such
business and actions not requiring the vote of the general membership.
- The minutes of the Board meetings shall be kept by the Clerk and will be
published in the newsletter or read as part of the normal business of
the next open meeting.
- Any member may attend any session of the Board of Directors, but will
not have a vote at that meeting.
- A simple majority vote at the next open meeting may overrule any action
taken at a Board of Directors meeting.
ARTICLE IX - ANNUAL MEETING, FISCAL YEAR, AMENDMENTS, DISSOLUTION
- The annual meeting shall be held on the 1st Monday in November for the
express purpose of electing a Board of Directors for the following year.
- Within one week of the annual meeting, the Board of Directors will select
from the Board Members a President, Field Director, Clerk and Treasurer.
- The fiscal year shall be from the calendar date of the annual meeting to
the next calendar date of the following annual meeting, which is the
first Monday of November.
- These by-laws may be altered, amended, deleted, or replaced in part or in
whole by a simple majority vote of the membership with 30 day written
notice of proposed changes.
- The Corporation may be dissolved in accordance with Chapter 180 of the
Massachusetts General Laws.
ARTICLE X - QUORUM
- At any open meeting, the quorum necessary to transact Corporation
business shall be 15 members.
ARTICLE XI - GENERAL PROCEDURESS
- To use secret ballots for money expenditures, change of rules, or when
requested from the floor.